I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again. I’m a great big sucker for anchors!
This DIY Anchor shirt is brought to you by Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores. All opinions are always 100% my own.
When I was recently shopping at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores (which is a weekly thing), I saw some glittery gold t-shirt transfer material, and immediately thought how amazing it would look cut into an anchor shape on a t-shirt.
This DIY anchor shirt was SO quick to make, and really easy too! It’s pretty hard to mess this up!
This is a fun craft to do with your tween/teen daughter (or any other age, really). I’ve passed on my anchor love to my oldest daughter. She loved the gold glitter as much as I did, and now she has an awesome gold glitter anchor shirt perfect for wearing to the beach this summer!
DIY Anchor Shirt
- Gold glitter iron-on transfer sheet
- T-shirt (they sell junior sizes at Jo-Ann)
- Anchor printable template
- Cardstock (or other thick paper)
- Craft knife
- Iron & ironing board
- Print the free anchor printable onto card stock. This is the same template I used to make my DIY Anchor Pillow. I printed my anchor out at 60% the size for a medium-sized anchor. You can experiment with what size you would like the anchor on your t-shirt. You can make a small one for a baby onesie, or a larger anchor for an adult t-shirt.
Cut out the anchor pattern, and use it to trace on the glitter transfer paper. Cut the anchor out. I used scissors to cut along the outside of the anchor, and a craft knife to cut out the small circle at the top.
2. Heat dry iron to the correct fabric setting. Place a thin cloth over the design, and iron design in place by following the directions on the back of the transfer paper. I pressed firmly on the iron for 40 seconds, and then checked to make sure that the transfer was set on the t-shirt. Re-iron if necessary.
Easy, right? Be sure to wash your new gold glitter masterpiece on the gentle cycle, and air dry only.
I love how sparkly this anchor is! The photos don’t even capture how this anchor glistens… so cute!
Now my daughter is ready to head to the beach! I’m thinking I need a glittery anchor shirt too… do you think she’d mind matching with mom? 😉
Be sure to check out the Big Bling set in Jo-Ann stores now! They have a whole aisle devoted to all things crafty and bling that’s so much fun!
There’s a Big Bling weekly Instagram Sweepstakes going on right now that you can learn more about here. There’s a different theme each week, and you can enter to win a $200 Jo-Ann gift card! Just think of all the bling you could buy with that!
For more summer fun, you’ll love these projects!