Today I am beyond thrilled to share with you a project that I have worked very long and hard on- an amazing lemonade stand that all started with 3 wood pallets!
This DIY lemonade stand is durable and large, but the great thing about it is the ingenious way that it is built (thanks for the help, honey)! It is so easy to put together and take apart this stand, and it can be stored in pieces, so that it doesn’t take up much room.
I have SO many plans for this stand already! It’s not just a lemonade stand! It will be a safari base camp outfitting post at my son’s jungle safari party (coming soon!), a concessions stand, an Italian soda bar, a ticket booth, a puppet show, and the list goes on and on!
Before I show you how to build this stand, I want to show you what we served…
To make my lemonade stand extra special, I served delicious Lorina Prestige Sparkling Soda that I bought at World Market, and that comes in 3 amazing flavors- lemonade, pink citrus lemonade, and blood orange. So delicious! I served the lemonade in these World Market mason jar glasses that I fell in love with, and some yellow striped straws.
And why stop at lemonade? My stand also included some sweet treats from World Market’s French line– because really, who can resist candy?! Especially when it is served in these beautiful clear glass apothecary jars? We loved these tasty chewy Eiffel Bon Bons that come in strawberry and green apple- my kids would not stop eating these! And neither did I 😉 Our candy selection also included the classic lemon drops (my husband’s favorites), as well as lemon suckers, and salt water taffy.
Classic French Madeleines were served on this lovely white porcelain cake stand. For more fun food and drink ideas, be sure to check out all the amazing gourmet food and drink items that World Market sells- I love shopping their food aisles!
Speaking of French food, World Market has an fantastic Summer in Paris sweepstakes going on now that you NEED to enter- details are at the end of the post!
Now let’s get to building! Here are the directions if you’d like to create your own lemonade stand from wood pallets. Wood pallets are not all the same size, so I tried to be as specific as possible with the directions without giving EXACT measurements, because your pallets won’t be exactly the same dimensions as mine.
This lemonade stand can be adapted to using wood that you many have on hand, cheaper or more expensive wood, etc. Do what works for you! You can also leave out some of the supplies if you would like to make this for cheaper. You don’t need to add the wood veneer to the front and sides (although it does make it look more “finished”)- you could just leave the pallet exposed. An awning isn’t absolutely necessary, but it sure adds to the cute factor, and provided much needed shade in the heat of the summer. Just make sure that you follow the directions to build main structure- you wouldn’t want to leave out any important pieces support pieces that hold the stand together.
- 3 Wood pallets
- Wood veneer, bead board, or plywood (3 pieces cut to the size of your pallets- optional)
- Piece of wood (optional- size of your choice, for frame on front),
- Chalkboard paint (optional- for frame on front, and the sign on the top)
- 4 long boards (for sides of pallet)
- L-brackets (at least 8)
- Wood board (for top support board- same length as the pallet)
- Wood board (for top sign- same length as the pallet)
- 2 Wood boards (for awning support in front and back- same length as the pallet)
- 2 pieces of old, distressed, thick wood (for counter)
- 4 small pieces of wood (to connect the two counter boards together)
- 2 spade bits (one to fit the head of your counter bolts, and one to fit the body of the bolt)
- 10 bolts (4 for the counter top, 4 for the awning, and 2 for the back), 10 washers, and 10 nuts
- White duck cloth (or other thick fabric- for the awning- optional)
- Painter’s tape (optional)
- White, pink, and tan paint
- Grommet kit (extra large grommets)
- 2 Wood boards (braces inside the stand)
- Wood board (top back counter support)
Now for the fun sweepstakes! World Market is has teamed up with Lorina French Lemonade to give away an AMAZING prize– a dream trip to Paris!! Winner will receive a trip for 2 to Paris, a $1,000 World Market gift card, a two day museum pass and river cruise, dinner at the Eiffel Tower, and a case of Lorina French Lemonade!!
I spent a month in Europe back in college and traveled through many cities, but my favorite city hands down was Paris- it is a beautiful romantic city, and I would love for one of my readers to win this trip! Be sure to enter the Summer in Paris contest here. The contest ends Friday, August 16th.
Be sure to enter, and good luck!!
I’d love to hear what you think of my lemonade stand! It took a lot of work and planning, but I LOVE the results! If you want to build one and have any questions, I’d be happy to answer them!