My husband and I have worked very hard over the years to make our house feel like a home. Painting walls, updating our fireplace with Airstone, sanding and refinishing wood floors, renovating and making over kids’ bedrooms, planting fruit trees, and so much more. There’s just something about a warm, cozy, clean, inviting home that makes me so happy and content with life.
Home is the Key
We recently switched around the kids’ bedrooms to create a space for our baby girl who was born seven weeks ago, which meant moving all of the girls’ furniture from the old room into the new one, repainting the new room, adding wainscoting to the walls, repainting closets, patching up walls, and so much more.
It’s been a lot of work but I’m so proud of the new space and are so happy to have such a pretty and inviting space for our sweet Sienna! We still have a few more finishing touches to complete, but I’ll be sure to share the roon once it’s completely finished.
Home is the key to our family. It’s where we laugh, we cry, we work, we relax, we enjoy, and we thrive. While we strive for perfection, it’s most definitely not perfect, and that’s okay!
The Growing Housing Crisis
Home is also the key for others who are struggling. Did you know that there is a growing housing crisis the U.S.? One in four households here pay more than 30% of their income on housing and have a hard time affording the basics, like food and clothing. It’s virtually impossible in the U.S. for a full-time employee earning minimum wage to afford a one bedroom apartment.
Affordable housing makes a big difference in the lives of others. Children of homeowners are more likely to succeed in school and make fewer visits to the emergency room for routine health problems. With affordable housing, a family’s resources can go towards food and health care and other necessities.
How Can I Help?
Habitat for Humanity is committed to addressing the affordable housing crisis, and there are three ways that we can get involved and help!
* At Home Stores: In addition to featuring Habitat as the register fundraiser throughout April, At Home will sell specialty patio umbrellas and spring coaster sets in store to give back to Habitat.
* Chico’s FAS: Donatein-storeoronlineatanyoftheChico’sFASbrands mentioned below, in addition to purchasing specialty products that give back at each store:
* Chico’s: Every sale of the basic essential slub tee from April 1 – May 31 will support Habitat.
* White House Black Market: Proceeds from every Comfort Stretch Ankle Pant sold April 23-May 31 will go to Habitat.
* Soma Intimates: From April 23-May 31, each Cool Night Pajama separate sold will support Habitat.
* O’Cedar: From April 1 – May 31, O’Cedar will donate $1 to Habitat for Humanity for every ProMist® Max spray mop sold.
* Kum & Go Convenience Stores: 10 cents of every specially marked water bottle sold will be donated to Habitat, and customers will have the opportunity to donate additional funds at checkout.
* Nissan will donate $1 every time #HomeIsTheKey is shared on social media in April.
* Schneider Electric: Building on an 18-year partnership with Habitat,
Together, by donating, shopping, and sharing, we can help with the affordable housing crisis in America. Will you take a few minutes and help? Together we can make a difference!
Thank you Habitat for Humanity for sponsoring this post. All opinions are always 100% my own.