Summer Cobb Salad with Lemon Poppy Seed Vinaigrette
A light and fresh twist on the classic Cobb salad, this Summer Cobb salad is refreshing and delicious!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 1 package Smithfield Anytime Favorites Ham Steak
- 1 head or bag of Spinach or lettuce
- 4 Hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 6-8 Fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 Avocados, cubed
- 24 Grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup Apple cider or red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Finely chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2/3 cup Olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp Poppy seeds
Wash and dry your preferred lettuce, then place in large bowl.
Chop the ham into cubes, then sprinkle in a row down the middle of the salad. Repeat with the hard-boiled eggs, strawberries, avocados, and tomatoes, so that each ingredient is in a row covering the lettuce.
In a blender, combine the sugar, vinegar, lemon juice, chopped onion, and salt until blended. With the blender running, gradually add the olive oil. Add the poppy seeds and blend.
Pour the lemon poppy seed vinaigrette in a small bowl and serve on the side.