Time for Day 3 of Upcycled Baby Food Jar Ideas! And just in case you missed it…
If you’ve planned a kid’s birthday party, you know that it can get really expensive really quickly! I love throwing big, detailed parties for my kids’ birthdays, and I love the challenge of throwing a great party without spending a huge amount of money.
Here’s one idea that can help you do it too!
Use baby food jars as cheap party favors!
If you don’t have baby food jars saved up, just ask a friend with a baby to save some for you.
I bought some cheap little plastic ocean animals, glued them to the top of the lids, and spray painted them all one solid color.
Later in the year my daughter is having an “Under the Sea” birthday party, so these will be perfect.
Fill with your treat of choice, and voila, cheap, easy, and CUTE party favors!
You can even go further and add cute little tags, a picture of the birthday boy or girl, or a little “thank you for coming to my party!”
It’s amazing what a little spray paint can do, isn’t it!?!
- Baby food jars (thoroughly cleaned and labels removed)
- Plastic toys (animals, soldiers, etc.)
- Spray paint (in party color or colors)
- Glue gun or strong glue (I like E-6000)
1. Use a glue gun or E-6000 to glue a plastic toy to the lid of a baby food jar.
2. Spray paint the tops of the lids (with the glued on toys). When spraying, make sure you use multiple, light coats. I used the cheap $1ish white glossy Wal-Mart paint for the first couple coats, and then used the more expensive Krylon turquoise color for the final coat. That way I didn’t waste my good paint
3. Fill up the jars with candy, toys, etc. And they’re ready for the party!!
These lids also look great as toppers for the Baby Food Jar Mini Cakes that I showed you two days ago.
If you missed the rest of my baby food jar ideas, be sure check them out!
Happy crafting!! Be sure to come back tomorrow for the final baby food jar craft!