Want a great way to show your pride in America this 4th of July? This easy and fun DIY American flag garland is just the answer!
Some triangles have red and white stripes, and others have a blue background with white stars, all made with inexpensive (and very forgiving) burlap and spray paint. The whole project only cost me $5 to make!
Here’s how you can make your very own red, white, and blue patriotic flag bunting, just in time for the 4th of July, that can also be used for Memorial Day, Veteran’s Day, etc.
- Burlap (I used 1 yard of the lightest color they had at Joanns- don’t forget your coupon!)
- Red & navy blue spray paint (Walmart for $1.50 each)
- Macrame cord (leftover from past projects from Joanns), or any jute, twine, or string
- Glue gun
- Painter’s tape (Scotch Blue is my tape)
- Star stickers, chipboard, die cuts, etc.- anything star shaped!
- Piece of cardboard or posterboard (for bunting template)
Linking Up Here: 36th Avenue, Lil Luna, Ginger Snap Crafts, Someday Crafts, Snap!, Somewhat Simple, House of Hepworths, Whipperberry, Tidy Mom, Thirty Handmade Days, See Vanessa Craft, Craft-O-Maniac, Skip to My Lou,