I have wanted to make my own hummus for the longest time. This week I went for it, and I will DEFINITELY be making my hummus at home from now on! It was soooo easy, quick, and tastes so fresh and good!
Instead of making the traditional hummus, I gave my recipe a twist by adding a large avocado and lots of cilantro to make an avocado cilantro hummus dip.
Let me tell you, this stuff is addicting! It’s easy to adapt to your own personal taste, too. If you like more garlic flavor, just add more garlic. Don’t like cilantro? Then skip it! Want to add a little spice to your hummus? Add some hot sauce.
You have GOT to try this recipe!
Avocado Cilantro Hummus
- 1 can of garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large avocado, scooped from the peel
- 1 clove garlic
- Cilantro, to taste (I love cilantro, so I added an overflowing cupful)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp. Tahini (a sesame paste that you can find at most grocery stores)
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt (regular salt is fine, too)