I love that when two candy canes are put together, they make a heart. How fitting for this time of year, when we give gifts to those we love. I wanted to make make a sucker out of two candy canes because everything is cuter on a stick, don’t you agree? I poured some melted chocolate chips in the middle and voila, candy cane heart lollipops! Easy, fast, delicious, and perfect for giving away– my favorite kind of treat!
|Heart-shaped candy cane suckers on striped straws|
|Sticks are optional! Can also make hearts without the sticks…|
* Small candy canes
* Chocolate chips (or white chocolate chips, etc.)
* Sucker sticks or striped straws (optional)
* Sprinkles (optional)
1. Heat oven to 200 degrees. Arrange candy canes into heart shapes on a Silpat mat on a baking sheet. (If you don’t have a Silpat mat, it will still work, it is just easier to remove with a Silpat).
2. Once oven is heated, put in candy canes for approximately 7-8 minutes. Remove from oven and carefully use a spatula to move each heart to a piece of wax paper. Now place a sucker stick or straw in between the bottom pieces of the heart, and about halfway up the inside of the heart. Push the heart sides together and pinch it around the stick so it will stay together when cooled.
3. Melt some chocolate chips in a microwaveable bowl in 20 second intervals on high. Stir every 20 seconds, and remove when chocolate chips are all melted and the chocolate is nice and smooth. Use a spoon to pour the chocolate into each heart lollipop. Sprinkle desired sprinkles onto the chocolate in each heart (this is a great “kid” job).
Now let cool. Eat or wrap! I wrapped mine in little sucker bags, and tied with silver twist ties.
These cute and easy candy cane heart lollipops are the perfect treat for your kids to give away to their friends at school, keep around the house to decorate, or give away to holiday guests at a party. I hope you enjoy making these as much as we did!
Oh, and be sure to share one with your little helper, too! 🙂