- An article of clothing (I used a skirt that was too small for my daughter- you could also use clothing that is stained, too small or too big, or one that Sewing is no longer in style rather than throwing it out) or fabric that you have on hand
- Cardboard box (mine was a box from Costco)Sewing machine, scissors, pins, and a ruler
- Spray mount (optional)
- Needle and thread (or glue gun)
- 2 8″ pieces of ribbon (in matching color)
- 2 13″ pieces of ribbon (in matching color)
- Elastic headband (optional)
You want the outside corners of your case to be rounded, just like the iPad corners, so trace the edges of your iPad onto the two outside corners of the 8″x10″ pieces of cardboard, just like in the photo. Now cut along the lines you traced to get the round edges.
Spray the second 8″x10″ piece of cardboard into the hole and all the way over to the other side of the case. Push down and rub on it. The spray mount is optional, but it made a big difference in making the cardboard stay in place and the whole case looking nice and smooth. Throw away the small 1″x10″ piece of cardboard, you will no longer need it.
Use your glue gun to glue one of the 13″ pieces of ribbon onto the center inside of the front of your case, as pictured. Do the same thing with the other 13″ piece of ribbon onto the center inside of the back of your case.
9. To hold the iPad in place inside the case, you will be using two 8″ pieces of ribbon. The first piece will be glued down in the top left corner of the inside of the case. Place your iPad centered inside the case, and place the middle of a piece of your ribbon diagonally over the corner of your iPad. Tuck the edges of the ribbon down, pull out your iPad, and glue the piece of ribbon down in that spot.