Happy Election Day! Over the last few years I have become somewhat of a political junkie, and have been looking forward to this day when I get the chance to vote. I hope all you of living in the United States go vote today, and let your voice be heard.
I made a few VOTE 2012 wood buttons for family members to wear or put on their backpacks at school. Although my kids can’t vote yet, I feel that it is important to teach them about the process and the importance of the presidential election.
These little election day buttons are easy and quick, and you will feel so patriotic wearing one on election day!
1. Supplies needed: Glue gun, wood disc (easily found at any craft store), ribbon, pin back, nail file, Mod Podge (not pictured), and VOTE 2012 printable found here.
2. Cut out the circle inside of the blue outer circle with the stars.
3. Brush the Mod Podge onto the top of the wood disc, stick the paper circle on, and then brush more Mod Podge over the top and sides to seal it.
4. Use the nail file to sand the edges by rubbing it straight down along the sides of the wood disc.
5. Cut twp small pieces of ribbon as pictures, and then glue the ribbon pieces together.
6. Glue the pin back to the back of your button.
You could use this same technique to make cute little buttons for any occasion. Birthday parties, awards, various holidays, for backpacks, etc. The possibilities are endless!
And now you have a cute little button to wear and remember the day that you voted for the next president 😉
Happy Election Day!
If you liked this project, please follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Bloglovin’, and Instagram.
Leave a Reply