This post is sponsored by Savings.com.
It has been unusually rainy here in Southern California, and I have been craving warm and hearty soup that is satisfying and can help warm me up in this cold, wet weather. Since I love all things chicken, I created a mouth-watering green chicken chili recipe that really hits the spot on a blustery, cool day.
Made from chicken breasts, beans, vegetables, and spices, this white chicken chili is packed full of flavor. You won’t believe how quick and easy this white chicken chili recipe is to make!
In less than 30 minutes you can enjoy a hearty bowl of green chicken chili with this simple recipe. Soup recipes are very easy to adjust to preference too- feel free to substitute like ingredients and make adjustments to make this recipe yours!
First you’ll add saute some chopped onions in olive oil in the bottom of a large pot.
Then you’ll add the fresh minced garlic, chopped green chilis, jalapeños, cumin, oregano, and cayenne pepper. Can’t you just smell the amazing aroma already?
I like to blend these ingredients after sautéing, since my picky kids don’t like onion chunks in their soup, but you can definitely skip this step.
Then just add some BUSH’S® Chili Beans (with their flavorful sauce), some white beans, then the shredded cooked chicken and chicken broth. BUSH’S Chili Beans are so flavorful because they are simmmered in their original chili sauces and are made with a special blend of chilies, spices, garlic and onions. They’re made specifically for chili, so they’re the perfect addition to any chili recipe!
Simmer, then serve with your favorite toppings. A fresh squeezed lime, fresh cilantro, some cheese, and avocado or guacamole are my go-to toppers.
Green Chicken Chili
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 9 oz. can diced green chilis
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and minced
- 1 Tbsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 cans BUSH’S Mild Pinto Chili Beans (with juice)
- 1 can white beans, rinsed
- 3 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1 carton chicken broth
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Sautee the onions in olive oil in the bottom of a large pot for about 2 minutes. Add the garlic, green chilis, jalapenos, cumin, oregano, and cayenne pepper and sautee for a few minutes.
- Optional: Remove the ingredients and blend in a blender or food processor until smooth. Add back to pot.
- Add the two cans of BUSH’S Mild Pinto Chili Beans (with their juice) and rinsed white beans to the pot. Add the cooked chicken and chicken broth, stir, then simmer for 20 minutes on low heat.
- Remove soup from heat and serve with chips, lime wedges, cilantro, avocado or guacamole, shredded cheese, and salsa for a delicious, hearty meal.
You’re in luck, because right now you can save $1 off any two BUSH’S Chili Beans products with this printable coupon, redeemable at Walmart stores, while supplies last.
Also, be sure to enter the $500 #BUSHSChiliBeans giveaway on Savings.com! Ten winners will receive a $50 gift card from Walmart in the giveaway that goes from Monday, February 18th at 12:00 AM PT to Friday, February 22nd at 11:59 PM PT.
Winners will be chosen in a random drawing and will be notified through email on 2/25/19. See complete Official Rules for entry instructions, full prize descriptions, restrictions and other important details.
Enjoy, and stay warm!
Leave a Reply