This post brought to you by KRAFT Natural Shredded Cheese and Safeway. All opinions are 100% mine.
With summer practically here, I am already in summer eating mode. I don’t like to turn on the oven when the temperature rises, so I’ve been doing a lot of grilling and salads for dinner.
I recently made a grilled chopped chicken salad for dinner that I wanted to share with you! This salad is great because it’s a whole meal all in one bowl.
You get your protein from the chicken and black beans, your vegetables from the lettuce and onions, your fruit from the tomatoes and the avocado (both are technically fruits), and your dairy from the cheese. And all that without heating up your kitchen!
I headed to Vons, my local Safeway store, for all the ingredients I needed to make my salad. When I went to get my cheese I noticed something different with the KRAFT cheese packaging… it’s in a new Stand-Up Pouch! The cheese wasn’t hanging anymore, but stood up by itself in a new store display. It still has two cups of cheese like before, but with less packaging that is easier for pouring or scooping. I was sold! I grabbed a bag of the KRAFT Mexican Style Four Cheese, which is my favorite Kraft cheese, to use in my salad.
Here’s the easy recipe for making this tasty grilled chopped chicken salad. The recipe is so easy to make!
Grilled Chopped Chicken Salad
- 2/3 cup KRAFT Zesty Lime Vinaigrette Dressing, divided
- 6 small bonesless skinless chicken breasts (1 1/2 lbs.)
- 1 package (10 oz.) torn romaine lettuce
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup slivered red onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup KFRAFT Mexican Style Finely Shredded Four Cheese
1. Pour 1/3 cup dressing over the chicken in a shallow dish. Make sure to coat both sides of the chicken. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
2. Heat the grill to medium heat. Remove the chicken breasts from the marinade, and discard the remaining marinade. Grill the chicken 6-8 minutes on each side, or until fully cooked (165 degrees F).
3. Meanwhile, combine the remaining dressing with all the remaining ingredients (except the cheese) in a large bowl.
4. Slice the grilled chicken. Are you drooling yet?
Place the grilled chicken over the salad, and sprinkle the cheese over the top.
This salad serves 6 people and tastes absolutely delicious!
I hope you enjoy this salad as much as we did!