Now that it’s almost fall, I have been on a fall drink kick. Never mind the fact that it’s still hot here in San Diego!
This warm weather is not stopping me from my Starbucks caramel apple spice, salted caramel frappuccino, or any of the other yummy drinks that Starbucks has to offer!
I figured it was time I tried making my favorite caramel apple spice drink at home. I found the actual caramel apple spice Starbucks recipe here and adapted it a bit.
The recipe calls for Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Syrup, which I didn’t have. I didn’t want to go buy the syrup at Starbucks for $12 a bottle so I tried making my own cinnamon dolce syrup.
My version of the Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Syrup tastes amazing! It also cost me zero dollars to make, since I already had all of the ingredients. Can’t beat that!
Wanna’ make your own Starbucks caramel apple spice at home too?
- Apple juice (Starbucks uses Tree Top, so that’s what I used), around 12 oz.
- 3 Tbsp. Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Syrup, OR my easy syrup recipe below
- Whip cream
- Caramel syrup
- Add 3 Tbsp. syrup to the apple juice in a microwavable cup. Microwave until very warm, between 1-2 minutes.
- Add whip cream to the top, drizzle with caramel syrup, and enjoy!!
- 4 Cinnamon sticks
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Break cinnamon sticks into smaller pieces, and add to water in a small pot. Bring to a boil, and lower heat to a simmer. Simmer the sticks and water for about 10-15 minutes. Once syrup has cooled, remove the sticks and discard.
- Fall activities bucket list punch card
- Spooky spaghetti with eyeballs
- Cinnamon-scented nature wreath
- Fall wreath made out of paper