This post is sponsored by Habitat for Humanity’s Home is the Key campaign and its corporate partners. I signed up to be a part of this campaign because I believe so strongly in their purpose and what they stand for. Ensuring everyone has a safe home is so important, and I couldn’t be more excited to partner with this organization to spread the word this spring!
Home. They say it’s where your heart is and where you lay your head. But to me, home is so much more. What does home mean to me? Home is where my fondest memories have been made. Memories of my kids’ wobbly first steps, exciting Christmas mornings by the fireplace and tree, family dinners at the table, cozy nights in cuddled up in blankets on the couch, and all the blood, sweat, and tears that have gone into the renovation projects we’ve tackled.
All of these things mean home to me. Home is the foundation of so many memories! For many though, a home is something that is unattainable. Did you know that nearly 19 million households spend more than half of their paychecks on housing costs? The nation’s rising affordable housing crisis often leads to the difficult choice of choosing between housing, healthcare, or education.
It’s incredible that there’s virtually nowhere in the U.S that a full-time employee earning minimum wage can afford a one-bedroom apartment. Even two of these jobs won’t rent a two-bedroom apartment in 34 states!
How Does Habitat Help?
This April Habitat for Humanity leads the Home is the Key campaign. This campaign is aimed to address the affordable housing crisis and to show how an affordable home creates better lives for families and individuals.
Habitat has helped more than 22 million people build strength and stability since 1976. More than 1.4 million people volunteered with them last year.
Habitat does not give away houses. Future homeowners pay an affordable mortgage and put in a lot of sweat equity for their home. They also receive financial education and training to help them be successful homeowners.
How Can I Help?
There are three simple ways YOU can help support Habitat for Humanity this spring!
VISIT: Visit habitat.org/homeisthekey and make a donation.
SHOP: Shop to support
- Chico’s FAS: Donate in-store or online at any of the Chico’s FAS brands mentioned below:
- Chico’s: Every sale of a signature Slub Tee Shirt from April 1 – May 31 will support Habitat, as well as $5 from the sale of each gift card over $25 in value, up to $100,000.
- White House Black Market: From April 1 – May 31, White House Black Market will donate $5 from the sale of each gift card over $25 in value, up to $50,000.
- Soma Intimates: From April 1 – May 31, Soma will donate $5 from the sale of each gift card over $25 in value, up to $50,000.
- At Home: In addition to featuring Habitat as the register fundraising partner throughout April, At Home will donate $4.55 per coaster from the sale of select coaster sets that give back to Habitat, beginning in April until supplies last.
- O-Cedar: O-Cedar will donate $1 to Habitat for Humanity for every ProMist MAX Microfiber Spray Mop sold by O-Cedar to any U.S. retail channel in the U.S. from April 1 to May 31.
SHARE: Nissan will donate $5 every time #HomeIsTheKey is shared on social media in April.
Home is the Key runs through mid-May 2019, so you have time to support by visiting, shopping, and sharing. It doesn’t get much easier than that!
So tell me, what does home mean to you? How can you help Habitat help others achieve their dream of becoming homeowners this month?
I love what Habitat for Humanity stands for and love their goal of creating responsible homeowners who, like me, are able to create their own memories with their family and friends in their own homes.