I am so excited to share this cool trick with you today!! I’ll admit it, I like to buy the good stuff when I buy makeup, and it is beyond frustrating when one of my kids (okay, or me) knocks down one of my MAC eye shadows, powders, or blushes, and it breaks into 10 million little tiny crumbles all over the counter. I can’t tell you how many times this has happened to me, and as much as I want to salvage it, it’s such a big mess, so I end up throwing it all away, and throwing away my money in the process!
- Broken powder makeup (powder, eyeshadow, or blush)
- Rubbing alcohol (the higher the concentration, the better- I used 70)
- Plastic wrap (optional, but keeps your fingers cleaner!)
2. Add a few drops of rubbing alcohol to the compact, and let it soak in. Use your finger, the back of a spoon, or anything, really, to rub and smooth down the makeup. I used my finger (which is still stained bright pink after about 10 hand washes!) at first, but I found that I got better results by placing a piece of plastic wrap over the top of the makeup, and then rubbing the plastic wrap to smooth out the makeup. If the mixture is still too dry, then add a little more alcohol, and rub again.
3. Once your makeup is all smooth again, all you have to do is wait, preferably overnight. The alcohol has to dry out, and once it does your makeup will be totally back to normal, and the alcohol smell will be gone! My blush was perfect the next day, and you never would have guessed that it was a crumbled mess the day before!
Is anyone else as excited as I am about this?!?
And if you’ve ever had a problem with your underwire poking out from your bra and stabbing you, be sure to check out my easy tutorial for how to repair a broken underwire bra.
This DIY Lemon and Rosemary scrub smells amazing, is so easy to make, and is a great inexpensive gift!
Another DIYscrub that smells amazing is this Rosemary Mint Sugar and Salt Scrub!