A refreshing strawberry basil lemonade recipe that is perfect on a hot summer day and can be made in minutes.
Have you ever wondered what summer would taste like if you could capture its’ flavor?
Today I have the answer for you, and it is hands down one of my new favorite drinks- strawberry basil lemonade!
This strawberry basil lemonade recipe combines two of my favorite summer tastes- red juicy strawberries with fresh sweet basil.
Mmmmm, these two are a match made in heaven!
It’s so easy to combine these two tasty flavors into one amazing drink.
Strawberry Basil Lemonade
This recipe makes an entire gallon of strawberry lemonade, but is easy to adjust to make less if needed.
Mix up a batch for your next family dinner or for summer entertaining and get ready for lots of smiles!
What’s In Strawberry Basil Lemonade?
- 1 1/2 cups washed strawberries with the green tops removed
- 1 handful fresh basil, washed with stems removed
- 1 cup sugar
- Country Time Strawberry Lemonade Drink Mix
Chop It Up
Roughly chop the basil leaves and strawberries.
Make a Simple Syrup
Stir together one cup of sugar and 1 cup of water in a small pot.
Add the basil leaves.
Stir over medium heat until the sugar dissolves.
Let sit and steep for a few minutes.
Make the Strawberry Basil Lemonade
Fill the lid of the Country Time Strawberry Lemonade Mix to the 2 qt. line, then place in a large gallon pitcher.
Repeat so that you have enough mix to make a gallon.
Place the strawberries into the blender and puree them.
* If you like small pieces of strawberries in your strawberry lemonade, then you can leave the strawberries as is. If you don’t like small strawberry pieces and seeds in your drink, then use a strainer to remove the strawberry pieces from the strawberry juice.
Strain the Basil
Use a strainer to separate the basil leaves from the basil sugar syrup.
- If the syrup has cooled, then you can add it to the pitcher with the drink mix.
- If the syrup is still warm, then add some ice cubes to cool it down, then add it to the drink mix in the pitcher.
Add the Strawberries
Add the strawberry puree to the pitcher.
Fill the gallon pitcher up with cold water and stir.
Pour yourself a glass of strawberry lemonade over ice, relax, and enjoy!
The basil flavor in the drink is present, but isn’t overpowering.
Summer in a glass!
I served our strawberry basil lemonade with our dinner- pizza, flatbread, chicken wings, salad, and watermelon.
Try mixing up a batch of this yummy strawberry basil lemonade and enjoy the rest of your summer!
After dinner we made some of our favorite Chocolate No Bake Cookies.
These are a family favorite that we make almost every week, and you don’t even have to turn on the oven.
See how to set up an easy S’mores Bar for the family or for entertaining.