This fresh pineapple mango salsa recipe is bursting with fresh flavor! Mix the sweet with some spice in this versatile recipe that’s great with chips, chicken, fish, & more.
I can honestly say that I’ve never met a salsa that I didn’t like. Mild, spicy, hot, smooth, chunky, sweet, spicy… I love them all!
This delicious pineapple mango salsa gets its’ sweetness from the fresh pineapple and mango chunks and its’ spiciness from the fresh jalapeño and hot sauce.
Add onions and spices to those tasty flavors and you’ve got a winning combination for yourself, your hungry family, and guests!
On a hot summer day, this salsa is is so refreshing. It’s bursting with fresh flavor and tastes so yummy.
What’s in Pineapple Mango Salsa?
- fresh pineapple
- red onion
- lime juice
- hot sauce (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Be sure to wear gloves when you cut the jalapeño.
- Don’t touch your eyes or face while cutting the jalapeño. It will burn!
- Remove the ribs and seeds for a milder salsa, since that’s where the majority of the heat is.
How to Serve Pineapple Mango Salsa
This fresh mango pineapple salsa tasted amazing with tortilla chips or pita chips. Bet you can’t say just one chip when it’s loaded with so much flavor.
Scoop some salsa over grilled chicken or fish for an incredible flavor boost. I’m going to add some over the top of my salmon next time I make it for some delicious pineapple mango salsa salmon.
I even like to eat this salsa plain with a spoon or fork. Yep, it’s that good!
How to Adjust the Heat of the Salsa
- If you like your salsa hot, feel free to add more hot sauce to the recipe.
- If you like a milder flavor, you can start with less hot sauce.
This pineapple mango salsa recipe is so easy to customize to your own taste!
More Pineapple Recipes
Fresh Pineapple Mango Salsa
- 3 cups fresh pineapple, chopped
- 1 large mango, chopped
- 5 Tbsp red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, ribs and seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped, with stems removed
- juice of one lime
- 2 Tbsp hot sauce, optional
- salt and pepper
- Chop the pineapple and mango into small chunks. Place in a bowl.
- Add the chopped red onion, jalapeno, and cilantro. Stir to combine.
- Squeeze the lime juice over the top, then add hot sauce if you'd like for a little kick. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with chips, or over grilled chicken and fish.