A cute candy sleigh is an easy and quick edible Christmas craft that can be made in just 5 minutes! This DIY candy cane sleigh is made with a Kit Kat candy bar, mini chocolate candy bars, and two candy canes. The simple Christmas craft makes a great stocking stuffer, gift for friends, and is so fun to make with the kids!
Looking for an easy, inexpensive, and fun craft to do with the kids this Christmas? Look no further than these darling Christmas candy sleighs!
Each candy sled takes less than 5 minutes to make, looks so cute, and tastes amazing.
Our DIY snowman ornaments would be cute to give with these sleighs and also take just 5 minutes!
I’ve even created a short video to show you exactly how to make a candy Santa sleigh in just a few steps.
This candy sleigh DIY is fun for adults and kids, and makes the perfect small gift, stocking stuffer, or Christmas activity.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I make a small percentage of any purchase made at no extra cost to you.
Candy Cane Sleigh Supplies
- Kit Kat candy bar (regular size 1.5 oz. bars)
- 10 Hershey Miniatures chocolate bars (These bars fit perfectly and the Christmas version are already decorated for Christmas)
- 2 candy canes
- Mini bow (I used these metal mini bow charms but regular mini bows work great too)
- Low temp glue gun
Christmas Candy Sleigh VIDEO
Watch our how to video below to learn exactly how to make your own candy sled.
How To Make a Candy Sleigh
Create the Candy Sled
First, turn on your glue gun and let it heat up.
Next, place four mini candy bars on top of the Kit Kat bar. Place a dot of glue on each candy bar. Gently press down to hold each bar in place.
Now stack three candy bars on top of the four and glue them down.
Next comes two mini chocolate bars on top of those.
Glue the final little chocolate bar on top of the candy cane sled.
Add a Bow to the Top of the Candy Sleigh
Use a dot of hot glue to attach a mini bow to the top of the candy cane sleigh.
You could totally use these and then make a bow necklace or ring with it afterwards! A regular mini bow works just fine too.
Add the Candy Canes to the Base of the Candy Sled
Now it’s time to create the base for the candy cane sled.
Grab two matching candy canes. Add a thin line of glue down one of the candy canes, then hold the candy cane in place with one hand while placing the candy cane sleigh on top.
Hold it all together with your hands for a minute while the glue dries.
Repeat this step for the second candy cane to finish the sleigh.
Told you this candy sleigh craft was easy!
Who to Give Candy Sleighs To
How fun would it be to make a big batch of these and give to friends, family members, and teachers?
These candy sleighs also make great door drop gifts to surprise someone for Christmas.
We made a BIG batch of these candy cane sleighs and I can’t wait to give them away. There may or may not be a few missing though… guilty as charged.
P.S. I would definitely buy some extra chocolate if your family is anything like ours. 😉
Favorite Holiday Treats-
- BEST English Toffee Recipe
- 10-Minute Chocolate No Bake Cookies
- Special K Bars
- Andes Mint Cookies
- How to Make a Marshmallow Snowman
Favorite Christmas Crafts-
- How to Make Fake Snow (In Minutes with 2 Ingredients)
- Easy Clay Snowman Decoration
- DIY Snowman Ornament (From a Baby Sock)
- Magical Harry Potter Christmas Tree
- DIY Felt Advent Calendar
Easy Candy Sleigh
- Glue gun
- 1 1.5 oz Kit Kat chocolate bar
- 10 pieces Hershey Miniature chocolate bars
- 2 candy canes
- 1 mini bow
- Place four mini candy bars on top of a Kit Kat bar. Place a dot of glue on each candy bar. Gently press down to hold each bar in place.
- Glue three mini candy bars over the stack of four bars. Then glue two chocolate bars over those, then glue one on the top.
- Glue a mini bow onto the top of the candy sleigh.
- Make a line of hot glue along one of the candy canes. Place the candy cane underneath the Kit Kat bar and hold in place for a minute while the glue dries. Repeat for the second candy cane.
- Give this cute candy cane sleigh to friends, family, neighbors, or to yourself!