Make sparkling shimmering mermaid slime in just 5 minutes with this easy mermaid slime recipe! This glitter slime is the perfect summer craft, makes great ocean party or under the sea party favors, and is so stretchy and fun to play with.
Like many girls, my daughter is obsessed with all things mermaid.
She used her basic slime recipe and adapted it a little to make this gorgeous glittery mermaid slime that just screams summer. It’s our favorite slime concoction yet!
What is Mermaid Slime?
Mermaid slime is a gorgeous sparkling glitter slime that looks just like a mermaid tail. It is stretchy, colorful, and so much fun to play with!
This post contains affiliate links, which means I earn a small percentage of any purchase made at no cost to you.
Glitter Slime Ingredients
This easy slime recipe has only 5 basic ingredients:
- 4 oz. Elmer’s Clear Glue
- 6 drops blue, 1 drop yellow food coloring
- Irridescent and blue glitter
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. contact lens solution
- Resin mermaid tails– optional, but so fun!
TIP: Be sure to use a solution that contains boric acid or sodium borate. I use this contact lens solution from Amazon that works perfectly for all our slime recipes!
Mermaid Slime Tutorial Video
Watch how to make the slime first, then get the recipe and step-by-step instructions below!
How to Make Mermaid Slime
Pour the clear glue into a bowl then add blue and yellow food coloring.
Add a little water and some iridescent and blue glitter, then stir.
Add the baking soda then stir. Add 1/2 the amount of contact lens solution, stir, then add the other half.
Mix the slime all around and knead it for a few minutes until it all comes together. If you need it a little stretchier you can add a little bit of water.
Isn’t it pretty? This slime is so sparkly and pretty, especially when it catches the light. It looks just like a mermaid tail!
And boy can it stretch…
My daughter loves to stick a straw in the mermaid slime and blow to make a giant slime bubble. I couldn’t believe how big they got!
These would make PERECT mermaid party favors too that any little mermaid or merman will love!
Slime Storing Tips
I bought some cute plastic cups with lids that we store all our slime in. It makes it really easy to give slime away to friends, family, and for party favors.
Be sure to store your slime in an airtight container. A sealed Ziploc bag with the excess air pushed out works well too.
More Mermaid Ideas You’ll Love
- Mermaid Drink
- Edible Sea Glass Candy Recipe
- Seahorse Chocolate Lollipops
- Mermaid Notebook Covers
- Paper Lantern Fish
- Paper Lantern Jellyfish
More Fun Kids Activities You’ll Love
- 4 oz clear Elmer's glue
- blue and yellow food coloring
- 2 Tbsp water
- irridescent and blue glitter
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp contact lens solution * Must contain boric acid or sodium borate
- Pour the clear glue into a bowl. Add 6 drops of blue and 1 drop of yellow food coloring, then stir.
- Add 2 Tbsp. water and stir. Sprinkle in lots of irridescent glitter and some blue glitter, then stir.
- Add 1/2 tsp. baking soda, then stir.
- Add 1/2 tsp. contact lens solution to the mixture, then stir. Add the other 1/2 tsp. of contact lens solution, then stir again.
- Continue stirring until the mixture comes together and starts to seperate from the bowl. Use your hands to knead, pull, and stretch the slime until it isn't sticky and is a good consistency.If you want your slime to be stretchier you can add a little more water to it and work it into the mermaid slime.