Halloween spaghetti and eyeballs is the perfect Halloween dinner for your little ghouls and goblins! Just follow this simple recipe to make the colored noodles and realistic-looking eyeballs.
What child can resist a big plate of colorful pasta with eyeballs staring right back at them?
And what adult can resist how easy this dinner is to throw together?
For even more fun, make these amazing mozzarella stick witches fingers to go with the meal.
Halloween spaghetti is a great meal for a busy October night and is easy enough to make for Halloween night.
This scary spaghetti dinner features orange and dark purple noodles, along with some creepy eyes that make the meal look like a monster staring right back at you.
It totally creeped out my kids, which I’ll admit, was my goal. 😉
I’ll show you how simple it is to make this fun spooky spaghetti recipe for your family too!
Spooky Spaghetti Ingredients
- 1 16 oz. package spaghetti
- orange and purple food coloring (I used gel coloring)
- 12 mozzerella balls
- 12 stuffed olives
- 3 medium pitted olives
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. granulated garlic
- salt and pepper
Make the Colored Pasta
- Boil two large pots of water on the stove.
- Once the water reaches a boil, add half the package of spaghetti to each pot along with a dash of salt.
- Add about 1/4 tsp. of orange food coloring to one pot, and 1/4 tsp. of purple food coloring to the other pot.
- Boil to desired tenderness, about 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain the pasta.
Make the Eyeballs
- For each eyeball, cut a small slice off the end of a green olive.
- Poke a drinking straw through middle of the green olive slice, and remove the center, so there is a hole in the middle.
- Poke a hole through a black olive slice, and insert the cut out black olive circle into the green olive hole.
- Cut a thin slice of cheese off of the top of the mozzerella ball so the olives can lie somewhat flat.
- Stick both olive pieces onto the top middle of the mozzerella cheese ball.
The olives stick surpisingly well to the mozzerella cheese.
I turned my eyeballs upside down, and those olives didn’t slip at all!
Make the Halloween Spaghetti Sauce
- Combine 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp. olive oil, 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning, 1/4 tsp. granulated garlic, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix, then add sauce to both colors of pasta in a big bowl.
- Add the eyeballs to the top of the pasta and surprise your kids!!
I served my four kids their Halloween spaghetti and eyeballs with garlic toast.
I also made some cute little pumpkins that I cut from cantaloupe and turned into tasty jack o’ lanterns.
Did you notice those cute little pretzel stems?
My kids were enthralled with their spooky spaghetti Halloween dinner, and loved the colors!
My two-year-old wasn’t too sure about the eyeballs, but my other kids thought they were pretty great! 😉
I hope you enjoy this fun Halloween dinner as much as we did!
This would be the perfect dinner to feed your little ones this fall or on Halloween night.
Guests are sure to love this meal at a Halloween party or dinner party with friends!
This Halloween recipe was updated in August 2021 and was originally posted in September 2013.